Get a detailed look at the entire petroleum complex with a focus on the operational details of the upstream, midstream, and downstream – Reserve your seat for EMI’s Petroleum Industry Fundamentals course, December 4-5, 2017 in Houston, TX.
|Register for Live Course||Get Course Syllabus|
|Can’t attend the live course? Check out EMI’s On Demand Petroleum Industry Fundamentals.|
During EMI’s Petroleum Industry Fundamentals course, you’ll follow crude oil from the point of production through the formulation of gasoline and diesel products.
You’ll have the opportunity to ask your most basic questions as we focus on the who, what, where, when and how of the industry.
Terms, jargon and concepts common to industry experts will be made clear with our ground-up approach that brings insight to the novice as well as to veterans looking for an expanded or refreshed view of the business.
Topics cover include:
- Conventional and non-conventional crude oil production.
- Refining basics from distillation to cracking.
- Domestic pipelines and fuel distribution practices.
- Gasoline, diesel and alternative fuel characteristics
- Spot, wholesale(rack), and retail pricing concepts.
- CME NYMEX futures concepts.
- Global factors and considerations.
Did you know this course (Live or On Demand) can count towards becoming an EMI Certified Energy Professional or Certified Energy Trading Professional? Learn more about EMI’s Certification Program.