- Provides basic physics and basic operating concepts
- Shows common displays of logs and how to identify each curve.
- Shows how to read logs (e.g. bed boundaries, which log curve is best to use).
- Gives limitations, common pitfalls (borehole condition, mud system, invasion, mud cake effects).
- Electrical Survey
- Spontaneous Potential
- Induction Logs
- Micrologs and Microlaterologs
- Gamma Ray Logs
- Caliper Logs
- Thermal Decay Time Logs
Basic understanding of quantitative Petrophysics or equivalent background.
Basic understanding of high school level physics is helpful but not required.
1 hr video lectures
1hr reading + quiz